I came across one article in NST today and I was shocked to read about a primary 6 girl who committed suicide because she couldn’t get Straight A’s in her UPSR. How can it possibly happen? A 12 year old girl like her should be enjoying her childhood without having to worry so much about her education. Well, education is still important but still ending your life just because you don’t get Straight A’s is ridiculous.
Expectation?
Hopes?
Ehhm… I’m not going to point fingers at anybody because I am perfectly aware of what she felt. Being called a naughty, lazy and not so brilliant student (I was put in the lower average class!), it’s not easy to convince anybody that I can make it to the top. Well, I went to the all girl’s school and yes it is all about getting good results, to be in the most popular, stylish girl’s group, being in a good class, to be admired and drooled over by the boys (fyi, the boy’s school is just 5 minutes away from my school ;) ) and the list goes on… so I guess it goes back to what we call HOPE. Yesss…it is all about HOPE. I can keep on rambling about this matter but I do believe it is not easy to regain the Hope once one feeling hopeless…but then again people around us play an important role to support and be with us to move on with our lives.
An interesting quote to be ponder…
“Hope is a necessity for normal life and the major weapon against the suicide impulse”
Dr Karl A Menninger
*This week has been an amazing mother-daughter week! I’ve gotten to know and like her better after those rampaging years. Heheh…
Expectation?
Hopes?
Ehhm… I’m not going to point fingers at anybody because I am perfectly aware of what she felt. Being called a naughty, lazy and not so brilliant student (I was put in the lower average class!), it’s not easy to convince anybody that I can make it to the top. Well, I went to the all girl’s school and yes it is all about getting good results, to be in the most popular, stylish girl’s group, being in a good class, to be admired and drooled over by the boys (fyi, the boy’s school is just 5 minutes away from my school ;) ) and the list goes on… so I guess it goes back to what we call HOPE. Yesss…it is all about HOPE. I can keep on rambling about this matter but I do believe it is not easy to regain the Hope once one feeling hopeless…but then again people around us play an important role to support and be with us to move on with our lives.
An interesting quote to be ponder…
“Hope is a necessity for normal life and the major weapon against the suicide impulse”
Dr Karl A Menninger
*This week has been an amazing mother-daughter week! I’ve gotten to know and like her better after those rampaging years. Heheh…
No comments:
Post a Comment