Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

I’m almost done with the Wuthering Heights. I’ve changed my perceptions towards Heathcliff and all of my sympathies go to him. And now the total hatred as the story has almost come to an end goes to Nelly Dean! Why the housekeeper then? She narrates almost 3/4 of the whole stories and her views are bias as she is siding Catherine and being very judgmental towards Heathcliff. However, in relation to the Twilight Saga, I noticed some resemblances in the plot as Bella being ‘loopy’ just as Catherine who was rather indecisive when it comes to making decision. I will not blame solely on Bella for choosing to be with Jacob, the ‘werewolves’ as she was rather caught up in a very difficult situation and the similarities can be seen here in Catherine Earnshaw who had decided to be with Edgar instead. I would say the ending for Wuthering Heights is superb although sad in a way that Heathcliff's longing to be with Catherine had had him end up being neurosis. One had once said to me, falling in love is easy but to fall out of love is really hard. How true is this statement? And again, it is up to the individual as perception varies. I think it should be the other way around – falling in love is harder than falling out of love because it is not easy for us to fall in love with someone as it does not lies on the physical outlook alone! There are many things to be considered on such as the compatibility, interests and most importantly mutual understanding.




Moving on to the following novel, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, and as usual I can’t wait to get started as it seems to be very interesting. I had watched the movie when I was very very young and I can just remember the story vividly.

An escapism to another world, venturing into the whole new perceptions of the goth and mystics world. :D It can appease my anger though, towards a very annoying, sickening situation happening now. It is no wonder why these ‘certain of people’ has been labeled in such a way that they bring such a huge embarrassment to the whole group. This special group of people had given Mountain of excuses and complaints but too bad that they didn't realize as it will only make them look bad and incompetent!!! huh.. The anger I had in me had spoils the 1st page of the new book (which was yesterday – as I was informed) and again today!!! Huh..

No comments: